As I've been catching up on more WWDC16 videos and processing everything, one thing that I keep thinking about as the common theme of WWDC16 is the decentralization of apps. Instead of building apps, we're encourage of build extensions - iMessage plugins, Notification Widgets, Siri Integration, Watch Complications, etc.
In case you haven't seen it, the big announcement at Google I/O this year was Instant Apps. Instead of downloading the entire app, Android can now download just the part of the app needed instantly to have a native user experience for whatever task the user needs to complete. I think all these small extensions set iOS up to do something similar next year.
Swift Around the Web
- SaveTheDot - A game developed using UIViewPropertyAnimator
- LegofySwift - Make images look as if they are made out of 1x1 LEGO blocks
- reel-search - RAMReel is a controller that allows you to choose options from a list
- Iconic - Auto-generated icon font library for iOS [beta]
- SwiftLinkPreview - It makes a preview from an url, grabbing all the information such as title, relevant texts and images.
- Periscope-VideoViewController - Video view controller with Periscope fast rewind control