I could not be more thankful for everyone who attended the first try! Swift India last week - the speakers, the volunteers, the emcees, and of course the most amazing audience. Organizing a conference in a foreign country without a home base advantage is a massive challenge, and it is hard to know what to expect. What happened was beyond my wildest expectations of success. Thank you everyone for bringing your incredible energy to the event, making it unbelievably special and unforgettable 💜 💜 💜
The next try! Swift will be in Tokyo in March. Hope to see you there!
As this year is coming to an end, I've decided to take the month of December off to clear my mind, meditate, and reflect on my goals and priorities for 2018. This means that this could be the last issue of This Week in Swift - it is definitely the last one of 2017. I could not be more grateful to all of you for reading and contributing to our collective Swift knowledge and strengthening our community along the way.
Thank you everyone for participating!
P.S. This week's issue is sent to you a bit earlier than usual from the Himalayas, where the WiFi could go out at any time. I'll be completely off-the-grid for most of December contemplating the true meaning of life, so apologies in advance for not answering on email or social media.
Swift Around the Web
- Chronology - Building a better date/time library for Swift
- CircularCrownSelector - watchOS UI for a circular selection menu
- ARVideoKit - Capture & record ARKit videos 📹, photos 🌄, Live Photos 🎇, and GIFs 🎆.
- EllipticCurveKeyPair - Sign, verify, encrypt and decrypt using the Secure Enclave
- Lona - A tool for defining design systems and using them to generate cross-platform UI code, Sketch files, images, and other artifacts.
- stylesync - A command line tool to extract shared styles from a Sketch document, and generate native code for any platform.
The rest of try! Swift NYC videos are out in case you missed them!
- Spontaneous Swift Sudoku Solving by Souroush Khanlou
- Error Handling Made Easy (source code here) by Eleni Papanikolopoulou & Kostas Kremizas
- Swift 4 Codable by Yasuhiro Inami
- Getting Started with ARKit by Glenna Buford
- Core Data Migrations: Can we do Better? by Priya Rajagopal
- Building a Framework with VIPER by Sonam Dhingra
- Ship your App in Less than 10 Minutes by Dennis Pilarinos