Watch Watch Watch!!!!!!!! That's all folks! As in, that's all we know as developers about WatchKit. Way too many questions left to the imagination. My biggest question is: Can we delay the holidays until the Watch ships? Looks like it'll be a while until we get our hands on one of these, so my plan is to continue enjoying Swift and all the cool iOS 8 APIs (HealthKit!) for the rest of the year. BTW, Swift 1.0 is OUT!!!!!!!
In case your live-streaming of the Apple Live event cut out (or was incomprehensible due to your inability to understand Chinese), you can re-watch it here. Here are the incredible goodies for you this week:
- Apple Live
- Swift Has Reached 1.0
- Xcode 6 GM seed
- Xcode 6.1 beta for OS X Yosemite *Xcode 6 Release Notes
Oh, and in case you didn't think Apple is changing, they live-blogged the event! I really enjoyed the photos from Apple's Hands–on Pavilion. Wish I was there...
Now that Swift is out of Beta, I expect to see a lot more libraries every week. Here are some good ones from this week!
- Stripe: Apple Pay - Easy Apple Pay integration for businesses built on Stripe
- EmitterKit - An alternative to NSNotificationCenter for Swift
- VFLToolbox - Fancy Swift implementation of the Visual Format Language
- Shutup Button - Sound on / off button with a cool animation
- FrostedSidebar - Hamburger Menu using Swift and iOS 8 API's
- OAuth2 - OAuth2 framework for OS X and iOS, written in Swift.