My current feelings can be summarized in one beautiful Japanese word: お疲れ様です (pronounced Otsukaresama desu). It translates roughly to something like "You look tired" - but from what @gillygize explained to me, instead of being offensive, it means you've given the task everything you've had and are honorably tired as a result.
That is exactly how I feel after very successfully putting on my very first conference ever... in Japan... in two languages... for 500+ attendees ... from multiple countries such as Australia, Ukraine, Italy, Russia, The Netherlands, Lebanon, India, Romania, Taiwan, South Korea, Philippines (26 students flew in just for the conference!) & more!
I'll write more about #tryswiftconf on my blog in the next few days, but it was a completely magical experience to facilitate the creation of a very international Swift community! I cannot be more proud of everyone who organized it (ありがとうございます @k_katsumi, @tasanobu, @cjwirth & everyone else!) , spoke, attended, and helped us all communicate across cultures and languages.
As @jesse_squires so beautifully put it in his try! Swift talk on Contributing to Open Source Swift - Swift is more than a programming language, Swift is a community 🤓🌏💖
Swift Around the Web
- Express - Swift Express is a simple, yet un-opinionated web application server written in Swift
- Advance - A powerful animation framework for iOS.
- TryParsec - Monadic Parser Combinator for try! Swift
- Cichlid - automatically remove the current project's DerivedData directories
- FolioReaderKit - A Swift ePub reader and parser framework for iOS.
- boom.swift - fun boom effect for your Mac!